Important Operational Changes due to COVID-19
As you all are aware there is a pandemic affecting our country at this time. As a result of the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic the local Government (Governor Cooper) has closed all schools and colleges and has asked for businesses to consider working from home if possible, and for everyone to exercise social distancing from other persons. The CDC has specified even further changes necessary to control the spread of this deadly virus. We mailed the CDC's recommendations to you last week to consider for the signs and symptoms of the virus as well as measures to help control the spread. For additional information please click on this link https://www.hud.gov/coronavirus
After careful consideration we have decided it is in the best interests for all, our residents, staff and the public in general to make changes in our operations for the next few weeks. Therefore effective today, the following changes are incorporated to our operations:
· Our office lobby will be closed to the public - we will not be seeing any clients in office
· If you had an appointment scheduled in office for anything, including re certification's, matter concerning's, those are now cancelled and will be rescheduled. You will receive a written notification of that rescheduled appointment, or something in writing providing further instructions
· All documents, papers, etc. in which you would normally bring in to our office may be mailed in to our regular mailing address of :
PO Box 339, Bladenboro, NC 28320
This includes rent payments, however if you are a late payer of rent you will need to have the envelope postmarked by the deadline specified in the 14 day letter sent to you once your rent was late.
· If you have questions or concerns please call our office at the regular number 910-863-4919 and we will address those questions. If the lines are busy please try again. If you leave a message please allow 24 hours for a response before calling in again.
· The maintenance staff will be focusing on exterior work orders, and emergency work orders. If you have other work orders, please still call them in but know they will be prioritized and will be a delay in response to those matters which are not considered emergency or life threatening. The staff person taking the work order call will ask additional questions to determine if the issue is one which requires immediate attention and may offer up some tips for you the tenant implement to help resolve or alleviate the matter until such time as maintenance can respond.
· If maintenance does feel it necessary to enter the unit for any such matters they may be suited with face masks and gloves before entering, this is not meant to alarm but only to protect themselves from any potential contamination, known or unknown.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation at this time as we all try to work through these very unusual circumstances during this pandemic. Please know you are all in our thoughts and prayers and will as soon as possible be opening back up to the public. In the meantime, stay safe and exercise all precautions our Federal, State and local governments are requesting in order to stop the potential spread of this Coronavirus COVID-19.